Monday, June 1, 2009

Inaugural Post

Welcome to DODGING THE REAL WORLD.

This blog is, first and foremost, an outlet for my thoughts. Now that I'm a college graduate (eep) and no longer have my weekly newspaper column to fall back on (I'll miss you, Vis-a-Vis), it looks like I'm going to have to do things a bit differently. True, I won't have an audience of several thousand Villanova students this time around, but I think I'm ready for something a bit more intimate.

Funny, though, that it's been a good four years since I've blogged (my painfully awkward teenage years were chronicled in exhausting detail on a Xanga page-- let's leave it at that). Perhaps, then, this will take some getting used to. Or maybe not. We'll see.

For the moment, as I continue to search for a job and fumble cluelessly towards the next stage of my life, I'm taking this with me. There's a long road ahead, and hopefully the perks and quirks of being a 20something young adult (read: drunken merriment) won't stop. College may be over, but it doesn't mean I still can't have fun.

So here we go: I'm dodging the so-called "real world"-- one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. You will post on this, for a while, and when you get a job, an interesting one, you will stop.

    If you're anything like me...

    ReplyDelete